Aim Motorsport Exhaust Gas Type EGT K Thermocouple Sensor
Aim Exhaust Gas Type K Thermocouple measures exhaust gas temperature using a sensor (thermocouple) placed in the exhaust header pipe. This exhaust gas temperature (EGT) thermocouple, thanks to its exposed junction, is faster recording sampled data.
Here below you can see EGT thermocouple on the right and EGT thermocouple with exposed junction on the left.
- Place the EGT thermocouple with exposed junction in the header pipe at about 150 mm (5.9 inches) from the exhaust pipe. To install the sensor:
- make a 5mm hole in the header pipe at about 150mm (5.9 inches) from the exhaust pipe
- weld the sensor screw in the point where you made the hole.
- The image here below shows the sensor correctly installed.
Dimensions, pinout and technical characteristics
The drawing here below shows the thermocouple with exposed junction dimensions in mm [inches].
The thermocouple ends with a male Mignon connector. The image here below shows the connector pinout top side view. Right of it is the connection table.
Exhaust gas temperature with exposed junction sensor technical characteristics are:
- Temperature working range: 0-1000¡C [32-1832¡F]
- Cable length 250 mm [9.8"]
- Cable type compensated
Exhaust gas temperature thermocouple with exposed junction is sold with a standard 25 cm cable and standard length extension cables are available as optional; it is also possible to ask for specific length extension cables. Extension cable part numbers change according to the cable length and to the device the sensor is to be connected to.
Please note: all AiM devices MXL - dedicated cables excluded - need an extension cable to connect with EGT thermocouple.